This traditional Neapolitan recipe uses simple, rural ingredients.
My mom used to make this dish, especially in the winter. It reminds me of happy times spent with family. It’s a simple dish that comes from a place of love.Host Giuseppe
The recipe I use dates back to my ancestors who prepared the soup during hard times. It reminds me, especially in this unsettling moment of humanity, how simplicity, slow-living and (slow-cooking) can be the keys for a happy simple life.
- 18 oz. Escarole
- 7 oz. Dry beans
- 2 oz. Chopped Neapolitan salami
- 2 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery stalk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse very well and soak beans overnight with celery, carrot, onion and parsley
- Cook the beans the next day using the soaking water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add olive oil.
- Clean, rinse escarole leaves
- Add escarole to beans and let it simmer until tender
- Add chopped salami and cheese
Serve in a bowl and enjoy!