A simple recipe using ingredients you can easily find in your pantry.
In a pinch to make a meal but can’t get to the grocery store? If you have bell peppers in hand you could be in good shape. Using ingredients you may already have in your pantry, stuffed bell peppers are an easy dish that can be modified based on what you have. Here, host Giuseppe in New York City gives us his take on stuffed bell peppers.
Stuffed bell peppers always remind me of my mom and her ability to make amazing dishes out of nothing – with just a few simple ingredients!Host Giuseppe
- 1 red bell pepper cut in two
- 1 cup of barley, farro, or rice (any grain can work here)
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. of capers
- 1 tbsp. of raisins
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Combine chopped scallions, capers, raisins, and finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and sauté in olive oil until golden and soft
- Boil barley (be sure not to overcook)
- Drain and mix it into ingredients previously cooked.
- Cut bell pepper in two and fill it with the mixture
- Sprinkle some olive oil, black pepper, and mix spices on top
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!