Simple, sweet, and always satisfying.
One of the most universally nostalgic drinks is a cup of hot chocolate. There’s just something about holding a warm mug in between your hands that transports you back to a place of comfort. Perhaps it’s sitting around the fireplace on a cold winter day, or getting a dose of something indulgent to soothe you into bed at night. No matter what the memory a mug of hot chocolate triggers, there’s no denying that this simple beverage always hits the right spot. Here London host Pratap shares his quick recipe.
Did you know?
While easily mistaken to be the same, hot chocolate and hot cocoa are different drinks. Hot chocolate is made with chocolate – usually dark. Hot cocoa is made almost entirely with cocoa powder.
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped or shaved
- 1 cup of water (you can use milk for a richer, creamier consistency)
- In a small saucepan on high heat, whisk chocolate.
- Add water (or milk) and continue whisking until well combined with chocolate.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
I like to add a splash of rum or whisky in my hot chocolate. It’s always a decadent pleasure!Host Pratap – London, England