Discover the customs, culture, food, and music of Colombia! Learn how to make traditional dishes from scratch with Juan live from his home in Bogota. Learn how to prepare staples such as arepas, patacones, and more!
What to expect:
• Learn how to prepare traditional Colombian appetizers, coffee, and drinks! • Juan will demonstrate the process step-by-step and provide personalized cooking tips to recreate on your own • This is an interactive workshop, so feel free to ask him/her/them questions throughout
What you need to know:
• This online experience is perfect for groups of friends, families, team-building events, and end of year office parties • The class will be conducted via Zoom at GMT5 9:00 AM, 1:00 pm, or 5:00 pm and you will receive a link to enter the call after booking • All ingredients and kitchen tools as well as preparations to be made the day before, are mentioned in the menu section below • Pricing per household
About your host, Juan: Hola! My name is Juan. Visiting other countries make me realize how rich Colombia is not only in food but also in culture. We created https://colombiacookingexperience.com to bring people together to celebrate the rich beauty of our country through our food. We have recently ventured into online classes as a new way to interact with our guests and teach them simple Colobmian recipes that they can easily prepare and share with family and friends from home.
See the menu
What You'll Need
Ingredients for Arepas and Hogao To make about 16 Arepas • 2 cup pre-cooked white arepa flour • 2 1/2 cups of water • 1/3 mozarella or campesino cheese, grated • 1 spoon of salt • Pinch sugar
• 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil • 1 cup of long onion cut into thin pieces • 2 cups fresh peeled and chopped tomatoes • 1 chopped garlic head (optional) or cilantro (coriander) • ¼ tablespoon of salt
Ingredients for Empanadas and Ají • 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil. • 1 cup finely chopped long onion. • 2 cups fresh peeled and chopped tomato. • 1 clove of minced garlic. (optional) • 1 branch of chopped coriander. • 1/4 tablespoon of salt. • 1/2 cup of precooked white rice with salt. • 1/4Pound ground beef. • 4 Wheat flour tortillas for empanadas
• 1 chili pepper (red, yellow or green) • ¼ cup of water • ¼ teaspoon of salt • ½ cup fresh chopped coriander • ½ cup of chopped long onion • ½ cup of chopped tomato • Vinegar (optional)
Ingredients for Patacones and Guacomole • 2 green plantains, each plantain yields about 12 patacones • Oil for frying •Salt to taste
• 1 avocado • 2 long onions • 2 red tomatoes, peeled • 1/2 cup of coriander • Salt as desired • Lemon or lime (optional)
Kitchen Tools You will receive the complete guide with ingredients, and Utensils before the class. https://youtu.be/QrFMGKkgMio